Mindful Living Experience: Drop in Workshop-Meeting Pass
Our Mindful Living Experience has started but some of our clients have requested the option of attending individual meetings/workshops. Drop in passes are now available for our Meditation workshop this Sunday at 1PM-3PM. Drop in Pass is $25. Click on the link below to sign up and purchase.
Due to the personalized nature of our other workshops, we cannot offer drop in passes for the other meetings or workshops.
Mindful Living Experience Meditation workshop is Sunday 2/4/18 From 1PM – 3PM.
Meditation: Learn about Mindfulness Meditation and uncover why meditation is the link between your mind, body and health. You will set the foundation for a daily meditation practice and watch it grow week to week. Meditation techniques will include sound meditation tools and incorporate simple methods you can use at home. James will will lead this part of our group and will incorporate his knowledge from his studies & meditation practice. His focus will be on simple techniques that have proven effective.
James has practiced yoga for 8 years and began his Mindfulness Practice 2 years ago.
Mindfulness Meditation explained in Plain English!
- Workshop focus will be on meditation practice and tips and techniques for success.
- Be prepared for a 25 minute seated guided meditation session.
- Be prepared to share about your meditation practice and experiences.
- Vipassana meditation techniques. (Breath and sensation awareness)
- Sound Meditation: Binaural beats, chanting, singing bowels etc…)
Sources used in James Practice include; Insight Meditation Group Cleveland & the Yoga Project Fort Worth. He has also researched the topic extensively to further his practice. The following is a short list of the main sources used:
- Practicing Mindfulness (Great Courses Online Series) – By Professor Mark W. Muesse, Rhodes College.
- The Art Of Living Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka by William Hart.
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig.
- The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran.
- Why Buddhism is True by Robert Wright.
- A Concise History of Buddhism by Andrew Skilton.
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- The Science of Yoga by William J Broad.
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali a biography by David Gordon White.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: A Manual on Meditation by Thích Nhất Hạnh
- Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thích Nhất Hạnh