Join us this Friday! Free Hot Yoga Donation Class
Modern Yoga’s Weekly Donation Class on Friday, June 1st will support Cleveland Clinic Cold Cap Cancer Therapy
Although our Friday Night Yoga class is free, we raise money for a different cause, charity, or non-profit each week.
a $5 donation is suggested.
Cleveland Clinic Cold Cap Cancer TherapyWhat Is Cold Cap Therapy?
Cold Cap Therapy, or modern-day scalp cooling, involves the use of a special cap or set of caps, cooled to very cold temperatures, and worn for a period of hours before, during and after each chemotherapy treatment. It is believed that the cold temperature constricts the blood vessels leading to the hair follicles, reducing the amount of chemo drugs that reach the follicles during the period that the caps are worn; also, that the cold puts the follicles “to sleep,” temporarily limiting their metabolic activity. (Of note, the drugs stay in the patient’s system far longer, but reach the hair follicles when they are at somewhat diluted strength.) This process has been in use in Europe for over 20 years. Many thousands of patients in the United States have learned of and successfully used Cold Cap Therapy in the last few years.All donations will be donated to the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center to purchase caps in conjunction with the Rapunzel Project.
About Our Free Hot Yoga Class:
- This fun, free, all-levels hot power yoga class is dedicated to a worthy cause while providing a space and opportunity for the students of Modern Yoga to socialize.
- Class is From 6PM-7PM Weekly
- Donations for Class attendance are donated directly to the featured weekly charity.
- Free Refreshments will be offered after the class or BYOB
- SHOW UP & GIVE BACK! Sign Up Now
***Space is Limited PLEASE RSVP and ARRIVE 10 Minutes prior to the start of class to ensure your place.